What to Do Your First Day After Moving
Besides ordering takeout and collapsing on whatever space you’ve cleared, what do you need to do your first day after moving?
What you do when you arrive affects how the first few months at your new place will go. Since you’ll have had a long few days (or weeks!), make sure you have a plan for that first day in your new place.
Here’s some things to consider doing.
- Make copies of any paperwork. If you are renting, be sure you have a copy of the lease and any information that you provided to the landlord. If you bought a home, be sure you have a copy of the deed, warranties for appliances and services (such as pest control), and any inspection documents you received. Whether you rent or own, it’s a good idea to organize the paperwork for utilities, Internet, and cable.
- Deep clean. It’s easier to clean under a couch when the couch hasn’t arrived yet. Before unpacking, clean cabinets and closets while you can still see the surfaces. You have to inspect these areas anyway, especially if you are renting, so clean as you go.
- Assemble and arrange your furniture. Not only do you need a place to sit and sleep, you should also set up lamps or be prepared with the correct bulbs for your light fixtures before it gets dark.
- Put boxes and other items in the room they go in. You certainly don’t have to completely unpack, but at least get the boxes you need to unpack to the room they go in.
- Introduce yourself to your neighbors.
- Make sure items you use every day are accessible and where you want them. Most people want to be able to unpack their coffee makers quickly, and you don’t want your cell phone charger buried.
By doing these things your first day, you can make life right after moving less stressful and set yourself up to enjoy your new space. To save yourself effort, consider taking advantage of Muscular Moving Men’s unpacking and installation services.
Licensed And Bonded Moving Company
Certified Move Consultants For In-Home Estimates And Service Recommendations
Professionally Trained Staff
Muscular Moving Men Mover Athletes are:
Full-Time Employees – Never Day Labor
Friendly and Courteous
Latest Up-To-Date Moving Equipment
24-Hour Telephone Support
Detailed Inventories Provided For Each Move
Crating For High Value Items
We Label The Boxes For You
Floor & Furniture Protection
Adhesive Plastic To Protect Carpets And Foyers
Blanket And Plastic Stretch Wrapping Of All Furniture
Unpacking & Debris Removal
Short- & Long-Term Storage Options With Temperature & Humidity Control
Expert Phoenix Movers
We work hard to keep your items and home protected. We put down carpet protection, door protection and pad and wrap all of your furniture every time for no additional fee. Everyone involved in your move is employed and extensively trained by Muscular Moving Men. We do not hire temporary staff.
Long Distance Moving Across The U.S.
Relocating across country? Our professional team of estimators, drivers and movers will cover all the bases and provide the best long distance moving experience you have ever had. We have a fleet of semi trucks traveling across the country every day moving people just like you into their new homes.
M3 Commercial Moving
There are less than 5 moving companies in Arizona with the Commercial Moving Certification that is the highest in the industry. Our team is trained and capable of moving any size office space with hours restrictions smoothly with no work interference. Check out M3 Commercial.com for more information.
Short & Long Term Storage
Need your items stored for short or long term? We offer state of the art secure storage in Phoenix, AZ while keeping your items professionally padded, wrapped and inventoried so there are no worries.